Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Rio Salado Park


Unfortunately I missed lab on Monday I had some stuff I had to take care of for my biology class. So I went in on Tuesday to write up my research question and to develop my hypothesis for my leaf pack trap project. Originally I had planned to place traps in three different water locations that we had checked out last semester at Rio Salado Park. I was hoping to place one at the river and the other two, at two ponds near the river. Well, of course when I got there I realized the river had dried up so since I need to get the project started I had to make some last minute decisions. I decided to place all three in the same pond of which I found three different areas along the bank. The first was a very polluted area with dead trees and such, the second was several yards down and was clearer, the last one was on the other side of the pond that was the clearest of the three locations. There are several things I can test for so I’m going in on Friday to go over my protocol.
The pictures make it look much worse than it actually was

 

Clearest

 


Most polluted
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment